Friday, August 15, 2008

First Day of School

School started August 11 this year. Kinda early, but I'm not ashamed to say that I did the happy dance when my kids went to school. They were bored and fighting a lot by the end of the summer. Collin just started kindergarten. I am a little sad that my little boy is getting so big. But he was so excited to start school, and especially to ride the bus. But already (it's only been 5 days since school started) he's asked me "why do I have to go back and do all that hard work?" I knew that one was coming.
Beautiful Emma, now almost 10 (on Sept. 12) just started 4th grade.
Cutie little Julia just started 2nd grade, and will turn 8 in November.
And last but not least...Mr. Collin, a.k.a. Mufasa, a.k.a. Collermo, a.k.a. buddy, etc., etc...

Big kindergartener now!
So it's just me and Lydia at home, and things are very quiet at home. So nice.






Lydia doesn't have a security blanket, she has a security sock. She carries it around with her while she crawls, and sometimes carries it in her mouth like a puppy.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Heather and Dave! Glad to have found you in the blogworld!!! Your kids are beautiful! I saw you have our blog address. We need to stay in touch more! I lived in Huntington Beach (HB) before I was married and thought it was heaven on earth, too. :) When are you coming to TX? We love you!

Unknown said...

Heather! I love your kids' names! What an adorable family you have. You guys look so happy. Your girls are just gorgeous. It's great to see you guys.

Sam McRoberts said...

WOW! I can't believe it has been so long! Happy belated birthday to Emma :) This is Sam McRoberts, by the way...How are ya'll? My wife and I are living in Utah...Keep in touch! David, that Legends soundtrack is still one of my favorites :) Good times.

Michelle said...

This is Taylor,

Emma and Julia you look so beautiful in your outfits for the first day of school!And you Collin look so cool in yours.I can't wait to see you guys soon,I love you all!!
Love,
Tay